Home > Frequently Asked Questions > Opening an Account
Frequently Asked Questions
Opening an Account
- Why should I choose efutures.com?
We asked experienced traders what was most important to them and the result is efutures.com. The highlights of our brokerage include professional and courteous customer service, financial strength, competitive commission rates, real-time quotes, accuracy, quality and speed of execution.
At efutures.com, superior service is not just something we talk about; it's something we deliver day-in and day-out. When you need assistance, our "one-ring" phone policy assures that you are speaking with a friendly and knowledgeable customer service representative in seconds. We care about our clients and work diligently to ensure that our technology is cutting-edge, dependable, efficient, and effective.
Our goal of never looking past a customer, no matter how big or small, combined with our reliable, high-speed execution and competitive rates, sets efutures.com apart from the crowd. efutures.com is a customer-led company committed to providing you with the best total trading solution.
- What is your minimum account size?
Our minimum varies by service level, and is the same for US and non-US residents and entities.
All amounts are in US dollars.
- What account types do you offer?
efutures.com offers self-directed futures trading via the Internet and telephone, as well as full service spec and hedge brokerage. We accept individual, joint, corporate, partnership, LLC, and trust accounts. We also support futures IRA accounts through Millennium Trust Company.
See our Services Overview page for more information.
- What procedures do I follow to open an account?
Opening an account with efutures.com is a very short and simple process:
- After deciding on the service level and, optionally, trading platform that best suits your trading needs, click the Open Account link at the top of any page.
- Complete the online account application and submit it. Our application form is simple and can be completed within 5 minutes.
- After we review and approve your application (usually the same business day), a representative will contact you via email or telephone to provide funding instructions. You may fund your account by bank wire, ACH, or check.
If you have a question at any time during this process, please contact us and we'll be glad to assist you. Also, if you prefer, we can mail, fax, or email an account application to you.
- What is the fastest way to open an account?
The fastest way to open an account is to fill out and submit our online account application. The application can be completed within 5 minutes.
Shortly after we receive and approve your application, we will contact you with funding instructions and a bank wire may be sent. As soon as we receive your wire, you may begin trading. This may be as soon as the next business day.
- Can I transfer an existing account from another firm to efutures.com?
Yes, you can transfer an existing account from another brokerage firm to efutures.com by completing a transfer form. During our online account application process, you will be asked if you are transferring. When you select "yes", you will be prompted to print the transfer form.
After completing the transfer form, fax or mail it to us and we will take care of the rest. The transfer of cash and positions usually takes about five business days.
If you need a transfer form, we are always happy to mail or fax the form to you.