Home > Frequently Asked Questions > Online Trading
Frequently Asked Questions
- How fast are my fills reported?
Because your order goes directly to the floor and fills are returned directly to you, the execution and reporting process is fast and efficient. Market orders on electronic products are filled and reported almost instantly.
- What hours can I trade online?
General order entry system hours are from Sunday at 5 PM CST through market close on Friday. Many contracts can be traded 24 hours a day but each market is unique. Consult your account representative for trading hours and platform accessibility.
- What markets can I trade online?
Almost all United States and Canadian exchanges -- electronic and open outcry markets. Additionally, efutures.com offers access to Eurex, Liffe, and Matif.
- How are my orders routed?
Orders are routed directly from your computer to the exchange -- orders do not stop at our office.
- How reliable are the trading platforms?
The platforms we offer have proven to be very reliable. If your platform should fail for some reason, you are always able to place an order with our Express Order Desk.
- What happens if the Internet or order entry platform malfunctions?
You are always welcome to call us with orders or questions. We have a substantial order desk that can handle a large volume of telephone calls so help is always available.
- Are the order entry systems browser-based or do I download software?
We offer browser-based and Windows applications. Choose whichever works best for you.
- Is the traffic from the order entry systems encrypted?
Yes, using 128-bit SSL encryption.